| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Learn to Design Your Own Boards

FurkanDursun , 01-13-2020, 05:41 AM
Hello Robert,

I bought the Learn to Design Your Own Boards course in Udemy.

I would like to ask question about different issues. How can I ask you my questions about this course?
robertferanec , 01-14-2020, 05:15 AM
You can ask on this forum, it is fine.
FurkanDursun , 01-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
You can ask on this forum, it is fine.
First

If I finish this course on Udemy can I take FEDEVEL Certificate?

I bought on Udemy because I can afford this. I told you the main reason; 1 dollar equal to 6 Turkish Liras.

Second

During this section, design a footprint
In the first step, you looked at the datasheet for dimension.
Why Did you look datasheet second step, How can you select this parameter?
You Selected 96 for pad distance.

Third

when you on the component pattern's screen for design Schottky diode you were selecting resistor unit why not diode?
robertferanec , 01-15-2020, 06:08 AM
1) If you take course on Udemy, Udemy will give you certificate
2) I do not have access to that course right now - could you attached datasheet to see what you exactly mean (or screenshots from datasheet)? I probably just calculated that value based on dimensions in datasheet
3) You can select diode - but I believe I would have to adjust that footprint anyway so it was not really important which I selected - I just needed a basic footprint with two pads and resistor footprint is the simplest.
FurkanDursun , 01-15-2020, 06:41 AM
FurkanDursun , 01-15-2020, 06:42 AM
example img.
FurkanDursun , 01-15-2020, 06:43 AM
example img2
FurkanDursun , 01-15-2020, 06:49 AM
You said, these dimensions for hand soldering. How do you decide these dimensions? Which source does it depends?
robertferanec , 01-15-2020, 08:10 AM
You said, these dimensions for hand soldering. How do you decide these dimensions?
- Oh, this footprint. I just printed out that recommended footprint from datasheet and saw it was too small for hand soldering, so I made the pads bigger, printed out and when it was ok, I just used that. Nothing special.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?