| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Advanced PCB Layout Course Lesson2

puran , 03-07-2020, 02:17 AM
Hi ,

I have just started Lesson 2 .the vedio is being paused for few seconds in every few seconds . While my broadband speed is proper and i am able to see other videos in Youtube without any issue .
please help and suggest .

//BR
Puran .
robertferanec , 03-07-2020, 02:43 AM
Hello Puran, are you watching on the new portal https://portal.fedevel.com/ ?
puran , 03-07-2020, 04:13 AM
Hi Sir ,

Now it is working ok .

//BR
Puran
puran , 03-11-2020, 07:21 AM
Hi sir ,

In lesson when doing DATA Byte routing ,you have mentioned that IF microvia from controller is going On TOP Memory than its " Good" when its going to Bottom Memory its " Not Good " .
While when Through via from Controller is Going to Bottom Memory than it is " Good "
Could you please tell what is the Logic behind it .

//BR
Puran
robertferanec , 03-11-2020, 12:56 PM
Hi Puran,

I am not exactly sure what you mean, but ... some time ago I wrote an article "How to Route DDR3 Memory and CPU fan-out" - maybe this article can explain a little bit more about the decision how bytes are routed: https://resources.altium.com/pcb-des...nd-cpu-fan-out

Does this explain what you are looking for?
puran , 03-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Hi Sir ,

In Lesson 2 video at 01:47:37 ,you have mentioned the memory groups from Controller to be connected in the two memory chips ( One in Top and another is Bottom) .
Here One Data Groups is connected to Top memory and another is connected to Bottom memory ,so how to decide which should connect to which memory chip (top or bottom ),on the basis of via types ( microvia and though hole via ).

//BR
Puran
robertferanec , 03-13-2020, 01:12 AM
It is explained in the article I mentioned in my previous post. You need to keep thinking about the space under BGA, the space which you need to fanout the processor. That is how you decide on which signals will use what via types.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?