| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Lesson 1 advanced pcb design

prabhuram , 04-20-2020, 11:34 AM
Hi,
I am having an doubt that in video you asked us to place the components under cpu, in that how can i identify what are the components has to be placed coz in lesson 1 (2nd activity tells us to place all the cpu resistor capacitor components under cpu).i am confused which i need to take us first coz when i try to adapt all the res cap its taking more space.
robertferanec , 04-21-2020, 11:11 AM
If you are not sure, do mostly decoupling.

But I am talking in the course also about the other kind of components what need to be close, in "Content of Lesson 1" click on Number 38:
prabhuram , 04-21-2020, 01:13 PM
I like to know schematics is changed (from lesson 1 activity 2 is changed to activity 4). Some sheets cpu audio side for example red cross line is there can i follow the same lesson 1 activity 1 schematics till the last lesson for designing, because i planned to complete the design totally. And give for manufacturing to check whether it is working or not .
prabhuram , 04-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by robertferanec
If you are not sure, do mostly decoupling.

But I am talking in the course also about the other kind of components what need to be close, in "Content of Lesson 1" click on Number 38:
Thanks i will look into that
robertferanec , 04-23-2020, 07:09 AM
So, is it now ok?
prabhuram , 04-23-2020, 08:48 AM
1.Yeah understand now and i like to know why we are placing the decoupling capacitor for cpu now is that okay to place after placing the vias while routing, Is there any reason to place at start.
2.I like to know schematics is changed (from lesson 1 activity 2 is changed to activity 4). Some sheets cpu audio side for example red cross line is there can i follow the same lesson 1 activity 1 schematics till the last lesson for designing, because i planned to complete the design totally. And give for manufacturing to check whether it is working or not .
robertferanec , 04-24-2020, 05:00 AM
1) if you place VIAs and route it first, there would be no space to place the capacitors under the CPU. And the placement of decoupling capacitors is very important - we would like to have them as close as possible to the pins.

2) Schematic and PCBs for activities are adjusted between lessons - some parts are deleted or modified to fit the activities. However, you can always download the full finished project from our website and delete the layout and placement if you like. Here you can download it: https://www.imx6rex.com/
prabhuram , 04-24-2020, 10:47 AM
Thanks for your help feranec,will let you know if i have further.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?