| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About "uBoot, Linux and YOCTO " course for using image for our custom boards

kazemiy974 , 05-23-2020, 02:42 AM
Hello .
I'm learning board design based on َARM processors.
I'm so excited to be able to run Linux on these boards and take advantage of it.
I mean using HDMI and LVDS, and so on,I don't know much about that.
But I think I need to compile different Linuxes for each particular chip with a variety of protocols, and I probably need to compile the kernel as well and I don't know how to do that.
I don't want to use ready-made images for boards like Raspberry Pi, etc., I want to be able to have flexible and controlled designs.
Can I use your course called Uboot and YOCTO Training and achieve these goals?
I use Allwinner and NXP chips in my designs, will this course help me to achieve these results?or is this tutorial for FEDEVEL-designed boards or special boars and chips?
I apologize for asking so many questions.
Thank you.
robertferanec , 05-25-2020, 12:59 AM
The course will help to understand how compilation of Linux & uBoot works and what to look for if you need to update it to your own hardware. If you use our OpenRex board, then it is a step-by-step course ... so you can directly follow the video. If you use a different board, you will need to figure out some of the things by yourself.

Now, I need to say, there is no one universal way to prepare software for all the boards. Every board has different ways how to prepare software - and often you need to follow specific chip documentation how to do it. Also, even some board may have different ways how to prepare software for specific versions of software.

So, as I said, there is no really one way to explain how to prepare software for all the boards. The goal of the course is to give you some background and understanding how it works and what to look for so you then know what you need to do to compile software for your own boards.
kazemiy974 , 05-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Dear Robert @robertferanec , thank you for your explanation.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?