| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium Essentials (Second Edition) Issues with Viewing Drill Files

EricGene , 05-30-2020, 11:22 AM
I made it all the way to the final lesson of the Altium Essentials (Second Edition) course, finished all the silkscreen edits and generated job output files just as shown in the video. However, when I try to import the generated gerber files into the ViewMate software I receive an error and then when I try to import the drill files, I receive another error message. I have attached a screenshot of the two error messages for reference. When I look at the layers from the generated gerber files, everything looks as it does on Robert's screen. However, the drill file (I believe it is a .TXT) only shows a single hole when I click on it. I even double checked to make sure that the outline of the board would be within view, but it still only shows one hole. The picture of the output for the drill file shown in ViewMate is also attached for your reference.

Does anyone know what might be causing the problem and what I could try as a workaround? Also, is there any additional images or information I could provide which would be helpful?

Best wishes,

Eric
robertferanec , 06-01-2020, 02:36 AM
This will help (basically for some reason ViewMate only shows drill file correctly for mils, but not for mm): https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...viewmate-issue
EricGene , 06-01-2020, 05:31 AM
Thanks Robert!

If the issue is only with ViewMate, then I have completed the course. I will submit my project files later today. If I did in fact make a mistake, you will be able to see it when you look through my work. Please do let me know if you see anything that I need to fix.

Best,

Eric
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?