| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Certification Issues

mszlazak , 08-31-2020, 10:26 AM
Hello, i am interested in taking a PCB designer class but was wondering about certification. Courses can offer certificates but will they be recognized by industry (i.e. looking for jobs)? Fedevel PCB courses have certificates. Also, this IPC has a certification program https://www.ipc.org/ContentPage.aspx...-Certification . Can you tell me what is the similarities and differences between these courses and address the issues of industry recognized certifications?
robertferanec , 09-01-2020, 12:59 AM
Honestly, I do not know how certificates can be recognized in CVs. Some companies and some countries may require some certificates, but as now you can literally get a certificate almost everywhere (and you do not need to even attend the course), I am not sure how much value they have.

At FEDEVEL Academy, we provide a proper certificate - people have to send me screenshots / projects from their activities and I review them. Of course there are people who are much better and some are really lazy, but no one gets FEDEVEL Academy certificate just for signing up for a course. We also create physical certificates printed on special paper and with a hologram sticker. It is not just an automatically generated pdf (all our pdf certificates are real certificates scanned into pdf).

Now, how companies recognize FEDEVEL Academy certificates? I do not know. But you can explain what I just described above, it may help. Also, it may help in case if your competition is exactly the same as you, but they do not have any certificates.

PS: When I am hiring people for our company, I personally do not really care much about certificates, but I do notice these certificates. Certificates say, that people are willing to make some extra effort to learn something new.

PSS: There may be countries where a lot of work is based on people with all the kind of certificates. For example in the US.
ZsoltFulop , 12-18-2020, 03:34 AM
Before I found Fedevel Academy courses I have done some other course from linkedin and Reed(Simpliv).
You can see the difference between the certificates.
One of them says you spent 6 hours on the Altium course(at least they named the software), while on the other course you can notice the headline is not professional.
These are auto-generated certificate and has the same name as it the course named ("succesful completion of: Learn PCB Printed Circuit Board: The complete bundle")
They didn't go in deep as the Fedevel Academy courses.
Once I finish them I was not comfortable in the Altium and they left me with lots of questions.
In summary I would say it's a good pre-learning before the Fedevel courses,but alone is worth nothing.
Personally I am happy with the Fedevel courses, and I hope when I finish all of the courses I can work in this job role.
robertferanec , 12-18-2020, 04:58 AM
Thank you very much @ZsoltFulop for nice words.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?