| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Orcad software learning after Altium courses

ZsoltFulop , 03-16-2021, 10:02 AM
Hi
I am planning to do Orcad courses in the future.My question is: Is there too much difference between the Altium and the OrCad or its going to be easier to pick up things after the Altium courses?
M. Namvar , 03-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Hello
In my opinion, you first take the Learn Altium Essentials second edition course and then you can easily participate in the orcad course.
The rest of the way you can learn and use both software together.
Of course, very soon you will choose one of them as the main software and the second for other tasks.
ZsoltFulop , 03-17-2021, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your reply.
I already completed the beginner courses,and currently on the Advanced courses.
I was just wondering if the OrCad course approximately 24 hour long, but the basics are the same as the Altium , it will not take that long like if you start from scratch.
robertferanec , 03-20-2021, 04:03 AM
Using Orcad vs using Altium is very different.

After you take a course in Altium, what you will already know (when you will be taking Orcad course), is the concept (e.g. you will know, that we may want to create components with parameters). However, the specific way how it is done and how you work in Orcad vs Altium is very different. This means, if you know how to work in Altium, you will not automatically know how to use Orcad + Allegro.
Comments:
ZsoltFulop, 03-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Thank you very much.I will learn it anyway,just wanted to know what can I expect from the course
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?