| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Courses to take if utilizing only OrCAD

ToriParry , 03-26-2021, 02:56 PM
Hello, I am currently enrolled in the Learn OrCAD course and I am wondering what the progression of courses should be that I should take next? I do not have access to Altium. Only OrCAD. Thanks
robertferanec , 03-29-2021, 02:51 AM
@ToriParry you may have main too options:
- Advanced PCB Layout course is the most CAD independent (you can do it also if you use OrCAD)
- We can have an option to provide you with an Altium license during the course

I hope this helps.
ToriParry , 03-29-2021, 09:31 AM
@robertferanec Thank you very much for your response. Does the OrCAD class I am taking incorporate a lot of the other courses as well so they are not necessary? Is the Advanced PCB layout course the only other one you would recommend to continue on the OrCAD path?
robertferanec , 03-31-2021, 05:35 AM
The OrCAD course is similar to Learn Altium Essentials (they are both basic courses designing the same board but one is to learn Altium and the other one is to learn OrCAD).

Otherwise our courses are different and they can be all taken without much overlapping. However, if you have already done the basic course, the Advanced PCB Layout would be the best to continue with. You can also have a look at Advanced Hardware design, just there are some Altium specific things (you would need to figure out how to do them in OrCAD).

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?