| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

learn the essenials of creating uboot, linux and yocto

meera , 03-18-2023, 10:44 AM
Hello Sir, As I am unable to proceed with the course practical work in ubuntu 14.04 directly, so I have installed virtual box and am trying all the steps right from Lesson1. I have the following error. When I give, "git checkout 27da4ddeb9159573e0207f71e4d9b3ae286b5275", I get the following message, "fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git". I have checked and followed the steps given in Questions & Updates section of Lesson-1. Please resolve so that I can proceed further. Thank you.
robertferanec , 03-19-2023, 03:28 AM
Please, attach screenshots from your console. What exact minute in the lesson you are trying to do?
meera , 03-19-2023, 12:13 PM
the above error I got into when I tried to "fix the python problems" suggested in the Questions & updates section of lesson 1. Actually, I deleted the fsl-community-bsp directory created in Lesson1, so that I could proceed with Lesson2. I have copied the exact error messages and kept in the above question. I will once again repeat Lesson 1 and take a snapshot and send.
robertferanec , 03-20-2023, 01:54 AM
I always ask for screenshot and exact minute from the video, because when we are replicating the steps by ourselves, we need to know when it should fail and how.

We went through the whole process couple of weeks ago and it was working, But I will ask Dominik to try it again.
dodoolas , 03-27-2023, 12:55 PM
Hello @meera,

I apologize for the late reply.

I followed the first 2 lessons of the Yocto course step by step and it worked for me. Here is the screenshot of the finished compilation.

Below is a document that describes situations you may run into that are not shown in the course video. I hope this helps you:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...V-yhQ0kjFXXQXg

Also, if you get an error message, do not ignore it. It can be something essential for the following steps which will lead you into more issues and you will not be able to continue.​

Please let us know if it works for you. It might also help other people.

Thank you
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?