| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Layout Course Pricing

uMouse , 05-17-2023, 10:40 AM
How does the pricing work for these courses? It says for Onlune, you can't download the course and it us only available 8-12 weeks online, then you have to request to extend it.
the Online amd Download option says you can download it after 30 days, but are you limited in the time you can view it if it is downloaded?
I wanted to download thr Advanced Hardware course, but I highly doubt I will be able to complete it within 8-12 weeks as I am so busy woth my job.
Are the downloads time limited too? Can I still go back to the videos a year later if I need to review something in one of the videos? How does this work?

Thank you!
robertferanec , 05-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Downloaded files are not limited.

You will always have access to the course, only what is limited is access to the online video. Watching online costs us money as we have to pay for every data transfer (every time you watch, we have to pay fees to amazon). So we can't give lifetime access to the Online videos as after some time we would start loosing money. That is why we provide download.

Online:
We often give 1 week to accomplish 1 lesson, that is how the total time of a course is calculated for most courses. We provide additional extensions which can be activated if you need to go back to the course after some time (e.g. your online video can be deactivated for 6 months and then you can activate it again through the extension). We provide extra extensions for some small fees to cover the streaming cost.

Online and Download:
Once you download the files, you can watch them anytime and as many times you like - there is no limitation. We have some restrictions on download, but there are no additional fees. For example, we limit maximum number of downloads or maximum time when the download can be done, but when you send us an email, we always give you additional downloads or extend the time for free. These restrictions are implemented just for security reasons.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Comments:
uMouse, 05-17-2023, 11:17 AM
Thanks! That answered my question! Is the second edition of the Advanced layout going to be offered soon? Not sure if I should wait till it's finished, or go the the first edition. Is it an extention of the course, or the same course dine in a lager version of altium?
robertferanec , 05-17-2023, 11:25 AM
Is the second edition of the Advanced layout going to be offered soon?
Simple answer is no. I started working on it some time ago but currently I focus on creating a lot of free content, so I have not had time to go back to it. Working on the course would require a lot of time, so before I start working on it again I need to be sure our new platform (that we are finishing now) and marketing (that we are doing now) is working without me required working on it full time.

Once I have free time, I will go back to it, but right now I don't know when this will happen.
Comments:
uMouse, 05-17-2023, 02:05 PM
Thanks! That makes sense.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?