| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

ViewMate

JMFernandez , 04-25-2016, 11:29 PM
Hello.
I have a question about the software you speak about in SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY course to open GERBER files. This software is VIEWMATE. I have generated Gerber files in one of the projects I have been working on. I have generated TOP and BOTTOM Gerber files. When I try to import these files using VIEWMATE, if I choose Gerber files only, the only files I could see are the ones related to BOTTOM layer. Why the TOP layer files are not in the same format? I will show you what I mean:

Thank you in advance!!
mairomaster , 04-26-2016, 01:50 AM
I had similar problem as well. I am not exactly sure what is the issue, but my guess would be that Altium uses different file extensions for the different layers or something like that. If you select All Files it should be able to open all layer gerber files.
robertferanec , 04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
I think by default VIEWMATE uses "All Files" and I have never tried to change it. I always import all the files from directory and just ignore the files which VIEWMATE can not recognize.

I guess, it really is just an extension issue, the TOP files should be recognized correctly if you try to open them.
JMFernandez , 04-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Yes, ViewMate opens the TOP files without problem, but I was curious why the extension is not the same for TOP and BOTTOM files.
robertferanec , 04-29-2016, 12:29 AM
I would say they use different extensions for easier file recognition: GB* (I guess, that means Gerber Bottom), GT* (Gerber Top)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?