| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Update from libraries doesn't work.

renatoferreira , 10-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Hi guys,
I'm doing the Switching Power Supply Design Course. Everything is working... until the step were I have to update the schematic with the footprints. When a click in TOOLS -> UPDATE FROM LIBRARIES... The window is opening with the components checked, the same way in the video. I click next and all the components are there, I click in finish and the ECO window opens normally, but when I click in EXECUTE CHANGES I'm filling that the verification is going to fast, not line by line as the video. And the schematic is not been updated. The footprints are not been assigned to the simbols. I attached some pictures showing the issue. Sorry for poor English

Thanks.

robertferanec , 10-27-2016, 06:34 AM
Please, in what lesson and what minute exactly are these steps? I will have a look.

PS: Did you assign the footprints in your library? Also, did you save the library?
renatoferreira , 10-27-2016, 07:00 AM
At 49:58 in the part 3. Yes, all footprints were assigned and the library was saved. It´s strange, to assign the footprints I have to do it direct in the schematic one by one. And if after assign some footprints I update from the library to assign the footprints that I didn't assigned manually, all the footprints assigned manually disapear.

Tanks Robert for your help.

robertferanec , 10-27-2016, 07:06 AM
It´s strange, to assign the footprints I have to do it direct in the schematic
I guess, this is the problem. You need to assign the footprints in the library. When you run "Update from library", it will then update your schematic based on the footprints in your library (and therefore it removes all the footprints from schematic because I guess they are missing in the library?)

Could you attach screenshot of a component in your library?
renatoferreira , 10-27-2016, 07:17 AM
But I just did it after the "update from library" fail many times. I attached the screenshot.
robertferanec , 10-27-2016, 07:29 AM
Could you attach screenshot from a component in schematic library?
renatoferreira , 10-29-2016, 05:12 PM
I found the problem, for some reason the library was not saved. I assigned the footprints again and now it´s ok.
Tanks Robert for your support.
robertferanec , 10-29-2016, 08:40 PM
Perfect
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?