| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium Import Wizard tool

rcunha , 11-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Hello,
I tried to import the Orcad schematic using Altium 14.3, but there's no options to import any kind of file. I reserached on google and it is necessary to install a plugin which I tried to download from Altium Live Website, but Altium need to contact me first, so I won't be able to download it. Is there any other way to do this? If I don't make this part of the activity, but all the others, I'm still able to get the certificate at the end of the course?

Bellow there's a screenshot of what I got when I try to import.

robertferanec , 11-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Hello Rebeca, yes, you are right, you need to have importer plugin installed. I am sure you can install them during Altium instalation. I thought you can install them through DXP -> Extensions and Updates -> Purchased, but I can not find the plugins there. If you really would like to try the feature, and you are not sure how to add the plugins into the existing Altium installation, maybe try to re-install your Altium. If you keep having problems and you can not install it, you don't have to make this part of the activity. Have a great day
roberfp , 05-31-2016, 07:33 AM
Hello, i had this problem and the only way to fix it was re-install Altium and choose the "Orcad Documents" in the importer/exporter option at first steps when you are installing Altium designer. Greetings
walid , 07-22-2016, 09:38 AM
I ran into the same problem. You can fix it without re-installing Altium by looking at the following link under: Browsing/Modifying the Core Feature Set

http://techdocs.altium.com/display/A...ner+Extensions

Good luck
WB
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?