| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Lesson 8 - doubt in the first activity

rcunha , 12-31-2015, 07:48 AM
Hello, I'm having doubts about what I should do in this activity:
  • Select one of the biggest chips in the VOIPAC board and practise fanouts for: Powers, Decoupling capacitors, Precise resistors / capacitors, Series resistors / capacitors, Crystals, Series resistors / capacitors, Termination resistors, Pull UP/Down resitors, Bootstrap resistors. Or do same for YOUR own board.
I understood that I should put the necessary vias and connect the components following the rules, like decoupling capacitors should be as close as possible to the chip pin. My doubt is if I should do it in the original VOIPAC board components location. I mean keep the original component placement but do my own tracks and change a little bit the capacitors and resistors place to improve the layout. Or do a new placement to the IC and the components related to it.
robertferanec , 12-31-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi @rcunha. Activities are there to practice the things which you just learned about. After doing the activities, you should feel confident, that you can use it in your own designs.

In this particular case, you can do both - if you like, you can do the placement + connections, or, you can do the connections only. Depends how much time you have and how confident you feel about the topic.

I am very happy, that you are taking it seriously. In case you have any other questions, please let me know.
rcunha , 01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Thank you
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?