| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

DDR3 Stress Test from Lesson 3

bdina77 , 04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Hello all,

I am trying to run the stress test for the operex board. I am following the instructions in the video however there are a couple things that im not sure of. One, the calibration, after about 3 or 5 runs, end up being similar to each other with each itteration only changing one or two values from the Read DQS Gating calibration , and Write calibration and I was wondering if this is normal? Two when I run the DDR stress test it fails on the first loop. This is what command prompt gives:

The freq you entered was: 333

Beginning stress test

loop: 1
DDR Freq: 327 MHz
t0.1: data is addr test
Address of failure: 0x10000000
Data was: 0x00000000
But pattern should match address

What did I miss?
Brian
robertferanec , 04-15-2018, 11:13 AM
@bdina77, I apologize for late replay. I was travelling (I was speaking at CDNLive conference).

One, the calibration, after about 3 or 5 runs, end up being similar to each other with each itteration only changing one or two values from the Read DQS Gating calibration , and Write calibration and I was wondering if this is normal?
- yes, that is correct behavior. You basically iterate to the best values. However, these values may be different between boards or if you change environment (e.g. if you run board at -40C degrees)

Two when I run the DDR stress test it fails on the first loop. This is what command prompt gives:
- Why are you running the test at 327MHz? Could you post the whole log file from your console?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?