| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Advanced Hardware Design course - question

KonstEng , 10-15-2018, 05:58 AM
Hello Robert,

I am thinking about starting with the Advanced Hardware Design course.
I just wanted to ask if this course uses the same (successful for me) approach with the Learn To Design Your Own Boards course. Namely, do we create any real board during this course? Does the course show the schematics drawing, components creation (print-out and 3D) and placement, connections routing, etc. from the beginning to the end?

Best regards,
Kostas Papadopoulos
robertferanec , 10-22-2018, 02:41 AM
Advanced courses are not step-by-step. It takes hundreds of hours to design boards which are used in the Advanced courses. So if the course was step-by-step, it would be a very long course.

Also, once you go through the basic step-by-step courses, it is not necessary for you to have a step-by-step advanced course. You only will need to practice other areas (which are not covered in the basic courses) - and that is how the courses are created.

Advanced courses focus on specific topics which are important for professional hardware design. e.g. high speed, efficiency, checking, etc. Advanced courses are based on real boards, so you will be practicing these important topic on real board without need of designing them from scratch.

KonstEng , 10-22-2018, 03:03 AM
Thank you for your answer Robert.
I also would like to ask you if the Advanced Hardware Design course is a kind of subset of Advanced PCB Layout course.
In other words, in case one took the Advanced PCB Layout course, is there any profit in taking the Advanced Hardware Design course?
robertferanec , 10-22-2018, 04:33 AM
The courses are complementary - means, they are different. Some topics are similar, but the way and level how these topics are explained is different. For example, in Advanced Hardware Design I do speak about some PCB Layout, but it is not as deep and detailed as in Advanced PCB Layout course.

Advanced Hardware Design is about the whole design process - from schematic to Manufacturing documentation, Advanced PCB Layout is focused on PCB Layout only.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?