| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Cross probe selection Altium 2018 focus doubt

Didan , 01-23-2019, 10:14 AM
Dear forum, I tried to find it for myself and googled it but I couldnt figure it out. its about cross probe from pcb board to check which components, pin or nets Im selecting. In this case, for lesson 2 of Advanced PCB layout course Im trying to place decoupling capacitors under processor but everytime I cross probe a pad form processor I cant find easily from sch which pin it is. So like picture from course video I wanna cross probe a pin and on sch get total focus on that pin and defocus the rest. How can I do it on Altium 2018 please?
Paul van Avesaath , 01-24-2019, 06:22 AM
hit ctrl+shift+x and try again!
Didan , 01-24-2019, 06:46 AM
@Paul van Avesaath Cross Select Mode was enabled, thats not problem. It keeps the same.. I need other solution please
Paul van Avesaath , 01-24-2019, 06:54 AM
are both files in the same project?
show me the project tree.. if you have seperate files i dont believe it works ..

the compiler should be in sync also.. (so to make sure.. rightclick on your porject and choose compile... )

see if it works then?
Didan , 01-24-2019, 07:11 AM
@Paul van Avesaath Look, cross probe select the right pin but dont highlight enough for me find it easier. I need to know how to set it to highlight more, thats it. I tried schm Filter but isnt it.
Paul van Avesaath , 01-24-2019, 07:33 AM

so higlighting options in Altium 18 are located in the view configuration (press on " L " when in PCB editor -> view options tab... then mask and dim options..

there are also a lot of option in the preferences check those out.. for for instance I will diable Net and PIN highlighting.. maybe it is off for you too??
Didan , 01-24-2019, 07:52 AM
@Paul van Avesaath you got it, navigation tab and dimming was none here I just increased it. Thanks bro you are the man hehe
robertferanec , 01-28-2019, 02:42 AM
Many people have problems with this probing, because Altium change the keys. As suggested by @Paul van Avesaath, in the new Altiums you need to use SHIFT - that is the magic key. If you still need, here you can find more info: https://www.fedevel.com/designhelp/f...g-highlighting
Didan , 01-28-2019, 10:21 AM
@robertferanec thanks for info. Do you know how I can set convert special strings in new Altium 2018? Im trying to find it and searched on google for it but I couldnt find it anyway
robertferanec , 01-28-2019, 11:23 AM
I believe, you should not need to set special strings in AD18. It just should work there.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?