| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Is Publishing Online Education Videos (Altium Designer) Legal?

mali , 02-08-2019, 05:23 AM
Dear Feranec and fedevel family,

I'm a Turkish hardware engineer who has been following your work for a long time. My job is desgining schematic and PCB layout for some electronic devices.
I and some of my colleagues finished all of your online courses(free and paid.) Beside this, I follow all of your social media accounts and Welldone Blog.
I learnt many things from you and still learning. I want to thank you for all the cool stuffs you taught.
Once upon a time, I came across with one of your video on youtube (Tips for schematic design and PCB layout #TIP001).
A sentence you said made me think for a while, "I'm doing this because I know a lot of things and it's a kind of shame to not share it with other people."
Due to Turkish people have difficulties to understanding english, I want to share my knowledge on the internet in Turkish language. I think it may help many of electronics enthusiasts.

I don't know how I will do it or if I can do it. However I have some serious questions tickling my mind.
I use licenced Altium Designer at my office. But it doesn't belong to me personaly, belongs to the company I work for. Do you think that using this licenced Altium Designer and/or a cracked version of Altium Designer can cause any trouble on me or my company? I don't want to face with an accusation by Altium Designer company.
Since you are the most experienced person I know, what would be your advice to me in this case?
Do you think that I should start recording my videos or I shouldn't?
What is the right path to follow?
Any extra info will be more than welcome!
Thank you in advance!

Best regards.
Paul van Avesaath , 02-12-2019, 02:06 AM
you could add turkish translation in the youtube videos i guess..
robertferanec , 02-13-2019, 12:07 PM
@Paul van Avesaath's suggestion is really good - feel free to add subtitles to my youtube videos.

About creating videos - the best is to talk to Altium (that's what I did when I started with my courses). I can not speak for Altium, but generally I have not seen them doing any problems to people who are creating free youtube videos about Altium. PS: I do own Altium license.
mali , 02-14-2019, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the answers.
@robertferanec @Paul van Avesaath
I'll get in contact with Altium as soon as possible.

Dear Feranec,
Now I got another question after your answer.
If I place ads on youtube videos or publish my videos on a platform like Udemy, do you think I can have any problem with Altium?
You have paid courses on the internet. Do you have a special contract or an agreement with Altium?
robertferanec , 02-18-2019, 02:09 AM
I do have email communication with Altium where I asked if I can do courses. But you still need to be careful how you present the courses and what is inside - otherwise you still may get some unconformable emails - have a look at my Xilinx video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swVuqG9-H0E
kahlenberg , 02-27-2019, 04:26 AM
Hi,
I think adding translation to videos does'nt bring anything. It would be quite difficult to read the subtitles and looking at video. So a new video series in Turkish would be much nicer.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?