| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Questions and Answer for interview

Shesh , 09-30-2020, 10:05 AM
Dear Robert,
Recently I have completed the Advance PCB Layout from you and i need some answer of the questions for interview

1.What is the meaning of High speed Design?

2.How to decide whether design is high speed or not?

3.Basic question asked in interview for High speed Layout or hardware design engineer?

4.Advance question asked in interview for High speed Layout or hardware design engineer?

5.what is the aspect ratio and their formula?

6.How to prepare to crack an interview for hardware or layout engineer to get placed in MNC?

and so on.
7.What are difference between Hardware engineer and Layout Engineer?
8.Why are not Row with Letter I O and Q and S in BGA packages?

Note: I have total experience 5 years as PCB designer and Hardware design. I have design maximum 4 layer board based on only micro controller.

Please help me. I need your help.

Thank you

Sheshnath CHauhan
Shesh , 10-02-2020, 03:34 AM
Anyone please reply
robertferanec , 10-05-2020, 10:44 AM
Not sure what to answer.

I think it is not about what is high speed or not ... it is more like, some boards may work even if the layout is not perfect. When I am designing boards I always keep in mind "high speed" design rules and recommendations and try to follow them. And it doesn't matter what kind of board I am designing.

But maybe to be a little bit more specific I started seeing recommendation for "high speed" design for boards with memories from 300MHz and up. Today, when you are designing a CPU board with DDR3 memory, it will probably have USB, LVDS, maybe even PCIE ... all these should follow the high speed rules.

I am not really sure what they can ask on interviews. But, if you like, have a look at some of my latest videos, we speak there about how signals are travelling on the boards and that can give you some ideas what it is about. For example, you can start here: What Every PCB Designer Should Know - Return Current Path (with Eric Bogatin) https://youtu.be/icRzEZF3eZo

Hope this helps
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?