| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Release PCB!

JohnsonMiller , 02-24-2019, 04:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Before releasing PCB, what sort of checks you usually do on your design to make sure it is error-free?
Paul van Avesaath , 02-24-2019, 03:02 PM
besides the obvious like DRC/ERC i check all the ouptuts with 3rd party tools. odb, gerver pdf etc you can ask maunfacturing if they can send you plots back from your data before they manufacure it..
robertferanec , 03-03-2019, 11:46 PM
My PCB layout is split into two phases: Phase 1 - Connect everything as quickly as possible, Phase 2 - Improve PCB layout. So, I am actually checking PCB during Layout itself .. during the whole Phase 2.
During Release procedure I only check the basics, usually things like: Solder mask vs Pads, Paste mask vs Pads (especially exposed pads), power planes (e.g. distance from edges), crosstalk between layers, silkscreen ( including checking if there is no typo in text), manufacturing notes layer (list of files etc).
JohnsonMiller , 03-07-2019, 12:14 AM
I wish it was possible in automate PCB release in Altium, setup a systematic checks and run it for PCB release, like what we do for DRC/ERC check
Paul van Avesaath , 03-07-2019, 01:21 AM
you could try and look at the project releaser.. that might be something for you..
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?