| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Stitching to net

Gregory_C , 05-01-2019, 06:18 AM
Hi and thank you for your help.

Sorry for my English :-)

I do not know what I could change, but I have a problem with the stitching to net.

See picture 1 for good stitching (I want this one and what I did before)

See picture 2 for present stitching

I looked in the rules, but I can not find the way to remake the net via stitching to clean.

Can you help me ?

Thank you
robertferanec , 05-02-2019, 02:05 AM
Please could you specify what exactly is the problem? The VIA which is "off the grid"?
I do not really use stitching VIA feature, but it looks to me like in the second example the are was specified differently?
Paul van Avesaath , 05-02-2019, 05:28 AM
he means the toplayer polygon is connected directly in the first image and trough thermal reliefs on the other image.. you have ot look in your rule settings or local settings or you polygon. i do not believe it is in the via stiching menu.. don't have access to altium a tthe moment
robertferanec , 05-03-2019, 07:13 AM
he means the toplayer polygon is connected directly in the first image and trough thermal reliefs on the other image..
​- ah, yes, then as @Paul van Avesaath suggested, you need to correct thermal connection settings. You can do it in Design -> Rules -> Design Rules -> Plane -> Polygon Connect Style. Here it depends on AD version you use - but basically you need to create a rule, that VIAs will use Direct connection style.

Paul van Avesaath , 05-03-2019, 08:12 AM
It seems I have lost the ability to write full and correct sentences! Thanks Robert, that is exactly what I mean!
robertferanec , 05-03-2019, 08:44 AM
It seems I have lost the ability to write full and correct sentences!
- it's sometimes hard, especially if you do not have access to altium. I know that - it sometimes happen to me too. Do not worry, I am very happy every time you help people on this forum, thank you for that.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?