| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

AD18 footprint issue

Mihai , 05-09-2019, 05:01 AM
Hi,

I am having for some of my footprints some shadows which exceeds its dimensions when I select the specific footprint, see the attached picture. I have searched in the footprint library on all layers and I didnt see something wrong.

Do you have an idea why I have this issue? Note that, this is present only for a small fraction of my footprints. Obviously I have done something wrong, but I dont know where to look.

Cheers,
Mihai
robertferanec , 05-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Try to enable all layers in your pcb (left click on the small color in bottom left corner of your PCB -> All layers) and you should see what is in that area (very often you will find there designator).
Mihai , 05-13-2019, 12:08 AM
Hi @robertferanec ,

Yes,I have already done that, and I dont see anything. I will keep searching.

Cheers,
Mihai
Paul van Avesaath , 05-13-2019, 11:51 PM
Try and use the select outside area function and only select your footprint.. Then hit shift-delete.. See if that works
Mihai , 05-14-2019, 03:57 AM
Hi @Paul van Avesaath ,

I just tried, and didn't work. I will keep trying to see were is the issue. Thanks.

Cheers,
Mihai
Mihai , 05-16-2019, 04:13 AM
Hi,

I found the issue, I was due to a assembly drawing designator which even though was placed inside the component area, for unknown reasons Altium take it outside this area when is imported in the PCB. The problem was solved by lowering the fonts of this designator.

Cheers,
Mihai
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?