| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Short link from scematic to library?

bandrack , 06-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if there is a short link from scematic/layout to library?

When I work in schematics and find an error in a part, i find it quite awkward to go to the library and search the part there to correct it. I'm missing a link like "open this part/footprint in library"? I'm working with normal *.SchLib and *.PcbLib.
How do you handle this?
mnpebm , 06-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Using Altium 15.1

I always keep the .SchLib and .PcbLib files open as part of my workspace. I don't place files from integrated libraries. This allows me to make quick changes in the applicable library and then update the schematics. I simply open the part in question on the schematic and copy the Library Reference as seen in the left column into the library search, and thereby finding my part.
Pretty quick actually.

I don't see a direct link, but only a "Find Component" command, in which case I still need to search from another dialogue box.
bandrack , 06-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Thank you for the answer. That is about the way we do it. But I thought in terms of usability, there must be a more time saving way than "copy and paste the reference" and then open the library and search for the part. I would expect a button or context-menu there, to jump in directly. But there is'nt one.
Also because we have many libraries, I cannot hold all of them open all the time. I also need to jump between different projects/workspaces, and so the documents do not stay open when I switch.
Anyone else?
robertferanec , 06-11-2019, 04:51 AM
I am not really sure if there is direct link to open specific symbol / footprint directly in library. I have not noticed anything like that. I simply copy the symbol / footprint name from properties and find it in library.

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?