| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Put Centroid of component on top layer

mega128 , 06-25-2019, 06:20 AM
Hi all,

I am new to PCB design so please bear with me. I am trying to put origin of a component on the top layer so that I can view though Pick and place machine's camera and align the nozzle. I understand I can use pick and place export file but PCB is very simple and I wanted to align camera manually. How can I place cross hair kind of mark in the center of a component library, I plan to put it on top layer and not on silk layer as I mill my PCBs. Please suggest how this can be done.

Thanks all for reading.
Paul van Avesaath , 06-27-2019, 06:10 AM
if you go in to your footprint (pcb lib) then choose edit, place reference -> center then save the part.. (doing this from my mind so will double check for you if needed)..
robertferanec , 06-28-2019, 01:49 AM
I would like to add to @Paul van Avesaath answer - there is no origin on silk or top layer. There is only one origin for all layers - the origin is always at the exactly same place for every single layer. You can set the position of origin by going into the footprint library and moving origin into the location which you want to use.
Paul van Avesaath , 07-03-2019, 01:27 AM
you can however set smart snap in the settings.. this way it will snap on either a pad or center point if you ar eclose enough to it. (pretty usefull)
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?