| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Adding component class in the altium schematic

chitransh92 , 07-15-2019, 04:37 AM
Hello,

I am trying to enter a component class in the Altium schematic but with no luck so far..
Tried by using the "Parameter set" which is placed by Place -> Directives -> "Parameter Set", this is generating the net class but Not the component class..

Both the "Generate Component Classes" and "Generate Rooms for Component Classes" are enabled in the project options.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 07-15-2019, 08:24 AM
I believe, "Generate Component Classes" and "Generate Rooms for Component Classes" will create groups based on pages where components are placed. I am not sure if you can specify different component classes on one page in schematic or if you can specify a component class for specific component (I have never tried that).

Maybe try to place the components what you would like to have in one component class on one page(?)
chitransh92 , 07-16-2019, 12:37 AM
Well Robert,
This is one way and it works fine..

Found this on the web as a solution and it works too...
This page looks at support for Design Directives - placed on a schematic during design capture to specify instructions to be passed to other parts of the software. Includes No ERC, Compile Mask, Parameter Set, Differential Pair, and Blanket directives

Also one of your videos on the web @https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgdCJ1rbNnA&t=878s

This is something I wanted to achieve since I am using a Flat design in my current project.

Thank you..
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?