| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

3D step file export PCB is transparent

mutski , 07-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Hi all

I've done something recently and no idea how to fix it. When I export a 3D step file from Altium, and import it into Solidworks, the PCB itself has suddenly become transparent. It must be some default setting as it happens with all my PCBs now. Does anyone have any idea what I've done and how to fix it?

Cheers - Matt
JLarkEE , 10-04-2022, 03:13 PM
Go to Preferences > System > General > Advanced button, and search PCB.OpenCascadeLatestVersion, you can uncheck the Value checkbox. You will need to restart Altium Designer. Try exporting again afterwards.
Comments:
SouD_, 02-20-2023, 02:38 PM
This worked perfectly to solve my transparent PCB in PARASOLID format. THANKS JLarkEE
robertferanec , 07-31-2019, 07:26 AM
I would try a different project to find out if the problem is in Altium or Solidworks. Maybe try to create 3D model from our 28pins: https://www.28pins.com/
mutski , 07-31-2019, 07:57 PM
Hi Robert

Thanks for your reply. I just tried your 28 pins project and it exports a nice solid blue PCB. I also tried opening up some older projects of mine and they are exporting a nice solid PCB too. It must be a default value in Altium somewhere that I've changed, but I just can't find anything (google isn't helping either).

Any other ideas?

(PS thanks again Robert. Been watching your YouTube videos for ages and taken several tips from them).

Cheers - Matt
robertferanec , 08-01-2019, 05:20 AM
Thank you Matt. I would maybe try to play in View Configuration options - e.g. set Configuration to Altium 3D Blue. But you probably tried that - if yes, I am not sure what I would do. Maybe I would also try to double check stackup settings(?)
mutski , 08-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Sorry for the delay, I have been away and then forgot about this. I tried setting config to Altium 3D Blue and didn't help. I can't see anything in stackup settings, but then again I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Might just try reinstalling Altium later on. Thanks for the help.
robertferanec , 08-12-2019, 04:21 AM
Please, let us know then how you solved this. It may help also other people. Thank you.
mutski , 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM
Sadly I haven't solved it yet. I will need to find time to reinstall Altium, but my available time vs the desire to fix the problem isn't there yet. Thanks again.
mutski , 08-12-2019, 09:20 PM
I decided to take the time to reinstall Altium and it's all good again now. No idea what happened, but is working again. Cheers - Matt
robertferanec , 08-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Thank you for letting me know.
JLarkEE , 10-04-2022, 03:13 PM
Go to Preferences > System > General > Advanced button, and search PCB.OpenCascadeLatestVersion, you can uncheck the Value checkbox. You will need to restart Altium Designer. Try exporting again afterwards.
Comments:
SouD_, 02-20-2023, 02:38 PM
This worked perfectly to solve my transparent PCB in PARASOLID format. THANKS JLarkEE
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?