| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Automatic color of single pin nets

JoshM , 10-25-2019, 03:30 PM
Hi,

I moved to Altium from Mentor Graphics. I'm a big fan of net coloring during layout. One thing that was helpful and easy to do in Mentor was color all single pin nets white. This gives a nice visual of which nets do not need to be fanned out and helps place passives around an IC.

In Mentor, there was a NC symbol that I would add in the schematic to pins I intentionally was not connecting. All of these would get assigned NET0, and then I would specify that NET0 was colored white in PCB.

In Altium I have a schematic rule to generate warning for unconnected pins. I use a generic ERC marker to suppress the warning for pins I don't want to connect. Is there any way in Altium to assign a color automatically to all of these pins so that the pads in the PCB are colored?

Thanks,
Josh
Anatoliy , 10-28-2019, 08:38 AM
Hmmm... interesting question, i do not know of such an option.. will have to do more digging.
what i personally do is highlight the net class i am fanning out atm and move on like that, very easy.
robertferanec , 10-28-2019, 12:15 PM
It is not exactly what you are looking for, but it may help: Panel -> PCB Filter and use "((Not InAnyNet) And IsPad)" This can Select / Highlight / Mask the unconnected pins

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?