| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Clear!

JohnsonMiller , 11-27-2019, 01:35 AM
Hi Guys,

In old AD16, there was a CLEAR button on bottom-right corner helping to clear ant highlighting or unneeded text, in AD20 that CLEAR button is missing, how we can find it again?

BR,
robertferanec , 11-27-2019, 02:59 AM
One of the best things they removed I loved that button there.

PS: I now mostly use "Clear" button in the PCB panel (or right click -> Clear Filter)
JohnsonMiller , 11-27-2019, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the hint,

I managed to add that button to PCB active floating toolbar,
from the menu: View-> Toolbars -> Customize, a dialog "Customizing PCB Editor" will appear and floating PCB toolbar turns to normal toolbar and so editable, right-click on PCB and select "Clear Filter", hold your click, it will move the command and place it in a location in toolbar, an icon will be dragged and positioned, then close the "Customizing PCB Editor" dialog, your floating menu should return by your added new button,

for me it looks like this:

Regrads,
robertferanec , 11-27-2019, 11:37 PM
I managed to add that button to PCB active floating toolbar
Great Idea! I also set this once and then I forgot about it, when I moved to next Altium version
Paul van Avesaath , 11-28-2019, 03:43 AM
yeah i missed that button for a while but have gotten used to Shift-C by now..
JohnsonMiller , 11-28-2019, 09:57 AM
Hi Guys,

In AD20, I see a feature in PCB that moves connected traces when I move a component, it may help but I do not like it. Any solution to get rid of this feature?

Regards,
robertferanec , 12-02-2019, 02:14 AM
I think, these are the two options in System Preferences -> PCB editor -> Interactive Routing:
"Component re-route"
"Move component with relevant routing"

JohnsonMiller , 12-02-2019, 03:29 AM
Thank you Robert,
Got it!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?