| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Fill Solid issue in AD20!

JohnsonMiller , 12-04-2019, 01:53 AM
Hi Guys,

In our designs, I use the Solid Fill command to create shapes, conductive area, on-board antenna or so. With accurate tuning and aligning different shape, AD16/17 show it as combined and solid, but the same design in AD20 viewed as separate rectangles and a gap is visible between shapes. A sample ie here, I have marked those gaps.

What we should do in this case? Shall we consider it as a bug in rendering and not affecting connection? Or it is a serious issue?

BR,
robertferanec , 12-04-2019, 12:23 PM
I would try to generate gerbers to check how they will look. Also, I have just installed AD20 so I have not seen this - but maybe there is something new about showing edges of polygons and shapes - something in settings?
JohnsonMiller , 12-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Thank you Robert,
After generating GERBER, I do not see those gaps, and shape is solid. So sound to be rendering issue in AD20!

Another issue in AD20 is the load that CPU sees, running AD20 CPU fan is turning in high speed all the time, and my laptop is always hot. The same design with AD16/17 was ok, no big load for CPU and fan was calm. Does AD20 use a new algorithm or need new hardware for rendering? Do you have any suggestions on how I can reduce CPU load?

Regrads,
robertferanec , 12-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Do not move to AD20 yet ... it's currently rubbish. I tried AD20 (because it fixes one issue what doesn't work in AD19) but immediately I had three more new issues, so after using AD20 for like 3 hours I just gave up and went back to AD19.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?