| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

PCB - Can you change the designators autoposition offset?

mutski , 01-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Hi all

Well like the subject says, is it possible to adjust the offset for the autoposition for designators / comments? When I'm doing really tight boards I often manually place the designators a bit closer in towards the part. I was wondering if there's a setting somewhere I've never found to adjust just how far out the autoposition goes?

Thanks - Matt
robertferanec , 01-24-2020, 01:45 AM
I only know you can change some settings in System preferences -> PCB Editor -> Defaults. However I am not sure if you can set specific distance.

PS: I am actually surprise, that autoposition of designators in PCB works for you.

mutski , 01-24-2020, 02:14 AM
Autoposition has always worked for me even back to Protel 99. Unless I have a strange shaped part of course. Do you have trouble with it? I just wish I could reduce the offset. 0.65mm is fine for larger spaced components, but when you're trying to squeeze everything in I like to reduce the spacing. Unless I'm so tight I have to remove the designator totally, but I try not to do that where possible.
robertferanec , 01-24-2020, 02:22 AM
Normally I work with all designators hidden and if there is some space I will enable them by the end of the design process. Then I go through all designators and correct their positions if needed - and I usually need to move almost all of them.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?