| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Odb++

JohnsonMiller , 03-03-2020, 04:35 AM
Hi Guys,

Does the ODB++ contain component detail? Can we expect to extract BOM from ODB++?
Personally, I thought it is just for manufacturing and so component detail such as part number value or so, do not go to the ODB++, am I missing a point?

Regards,
robertferanec , 03-03-2020, 08:36 AM
I do not use ODB++, but .... I know you can include a LOT in ODB++. Double check your settings when you are generating that files, you should be able to select what you would like to include in the ODB++ files. PS: I believe, ODB++ files may include all information to completely manufacture your PCB without any other additional information, once I was on a presentation where they were speaking about it. I didn't like that idea - too easy to copy my whole design.
JohnsonMiller , 05-15-2020, 07:05 AM
When selecting ODB++ output, Altium creates a .zip and a .tar file and a folder named ODB. Do you know what is the content of each?
robertferanec , 05-16-2020, 12:48 AM
I was not investigating that, but I would say they are same / similar. E.g. some software ask for zip and when I upload the zip, it works oki (all data are there).
JohnsonMiller , 09-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Does it make sense to have Variant data in ODB++ files, or it is just PCB data?
robertferanec , 09-12-2020, 01:40 AM
I do not use ODB++ often and if I have to, I only include pure PCB (if possible). No netlist, no BOM, nothing what would make it easy for PCB manufacturer to build (copy) the whole board.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?