| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

silk to board region clearance

sravan.aitha , 09-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Hi Robert, When i am doing pcb layout in Altium 14 that means at the end of part 3, when i am doing design rule check, it is showing "silk to board region clearance(out of silk region clearance)" and count is 196. I couldn't understand what is it.. After updating schematic to pcb, there are round circles on the components like resistors and inductors. Could you please explain me why it happened?
robertferanec , 09-07-2015, 07:35 AM
@sravan.aitha there is a new rule from a certain version of Altium (I think it's from Altium 14). This rule is checking for any Silkscreen placed outside of the board area. I do not use this rule (e.g. many edge connectors have silkscreen going out of the board region). You can simply just disable it. Here are two options how to do it:

- Go to your PCB: Design -> Rules -> Design Rules -> Manufacturing -> Board Outline Clearance. Uncheck "Enable".

- Possibly you can do it through: Tools - > Design Rule Check -> Rules to Check -> Manufacturing ->Board Outline Clearance -> Uncheck "Online" and "Batch".

That should help. Please let me know.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?