| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Remove silkscreen covering pads

antoniobeta , 04-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Hello Everyone!

I am finishing a design on Altium and I have just encountered a problem.
The graphic I want to print on the silkscreen PCB covers some of the pads on the top layer, I know some manufacturers will fix that problem directly on the GERBERS before manufacturing, but I was wondering how could I made that myself on Altium designer 20 so I don’t depend on the manufacturer implementation.

Pictures 1, 2, 3 are screenshots of my design so you can see what I mean.

I have tried the trim silkscreen tool inside Altium but the result I got is picture 6 (the before is picture 4).

Any idea?
robertferanec , 04-10-2020, 12:54 AM
Interesting. What did you use to draw the shape on the silk layer, Place -> Fill?

I am not sure if there is an easy way, but maybe Place -> Polygon Pour and Place -> Polygon Pour Cutout could work?

PS: But I have never used Polygon pour on non electrical layer, I am not sure if that will not cause some problems.

antoniobeta , 04-12-2020, 04:04 AM
Hi!
I just simply copied the image from a monochrome one in paint using CTRL-C, CTRL-V.
Can I copy my artwork into Altium and them convert it into polygon so I can pour it?
robertferanec , 04-14-2020, 06:48 AM

I played with it a little bit. After I imported a picture, it looks like the picture is some kind of a weird object and I was not able to apply on it any standard polygon actions (repour, polygon cutout, subtract polygons, redraw polygon, etc .... ). Not sure how to do it. Maybe someone else has some ideas?

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?