| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Interactive Routing Leaves Corner Stub

mstamler , 04-17-2020, 05:20 AM
I am trying to do a simple route per the Lesson 4 of the Altium course. When I stop dragging the track a corner is immediately shown to tell me the direction of the track if I continue. This is fine if I continue routing to the destination. However, if I stop in the middle to, say, put a VIA, then a corner stub remains. The only way to get rid of it is to select it and then delete it. There must be some configuration to cover this but I have looked and can not find it. See attached.

10x

mstamler , 04-17-2020, 05:39 AM
I enabled the grid and it seems that the parts are off grid. I don't see how this happened as I was VERY careful with the instructions in the course. When I change the grid to 0.05mm from 0.1 mm then this behaviour is corrected. Clearly I need to move everyhing up by 0.05mm. So how to do this or is there something else I am missing?
robertferanec , 04-17-2020, 05:52 AM
1) When routing, try press "1" to change look ahead mode

2) Check your snapping settings:

mstamler , 04-17-2020, 06:08 AM
My settings match yours. See attached. Don't you agree that the pad is off grid??
mstamler , 04-17-2020, 06:29 AM
I opened up your final design files and I see that your grid and component are the same as mine but this effect does not exist there. So it remains a mystery to me.
mstamler , 04-17-2020, 06:40 AM
OK. I got it. In your final design the 'Axes' box is enabled. In mine it is not. When I enable it then I get the same behaviour.

But in the end it does seem to me that the component is off grid at 0.1mm grid. Do you agree with me on that and if so what went wrong?
robertferanec , 04-17-2020, 07:08 AM
Some pads can be off grid - in PCB you often may have some pads off grid. If you need, you can create a local grid, but in many cases snapping is fine.
mstamler , 04-17-2020, 07:16 AM
OK. Thanks.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?