| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium Database Library from AWS server

Juan_wslw , 04-22-2020, 02:51 AM
Hi, I seem a great video "How to create & setup Altium Database Library - Step by Step Tutorial".

But I had a problem with "build - Use connection string". I can't view these options for select my data source.

I want to learn this method because I have a Database Library from Access.mdb file, and I want to share with my workmates.

My Altium version is 17.1.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 04-22-2020, 07:40 AM
Was the ODBC installation ok? Maybe this can help: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...tabase-library
Juan_wslw , 04-22-2020, 08:00 AM
Yes, the first step was ok.

But in Altium I had this problem (sorry about spanish in Altium)

Thank you Robert.
robertferanec , 04-22-2020, 09:07 AM
Hmmm ... maybe something with compatibility? You can try just rewrite the string based on what I have in video, but ... I do not think it will work. It looks like altium is not talking to ODBC .... so maybe altium ODBC interface has problem talk to the installed ODBC driver .... But that is only my guess.

Maybe I would try to install older ODBC driver - if that is possible .. or maybe I would even try to install 32bit ODBC driver (I think I have seen some threads where people where saying, that 64bit ODBC didnt work with older altiums)
garyslater , 05-22-2023, 08:45 AM
Hey there! Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I'm on the hunt for similar info. I watched that great video on creating an Altium Database Library, but it seems you're facing an issue with the "build - Use connection string" options. It could be a compatibility problem. Have you tried rewriting the string based on the video? Another suggestion could be installing an older or 32-bit ODBC driver since Altium might have trouble communicating with the installed driver. That is just my guess, though. Oh! By the way, I came across some architecting on AWS courses online.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?