| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Different rule assign to channel design ?

quakermaster , 04-27-2020, 07:44 AM
Master @Feranec, I have a question about the channel design of Altium. I have channel design of a switch driver in a power converter circuit. Because the drivers are isolated, so the same driver design can be used to driver the MOSFET which at different voltage level. So the driver circuits are at different voltage levels. The conventional ways to assign the rules in schematic are parameter set with blanket. But in channel design, the set and blanket will apply all the channel with one rule set by blanket. Is there a way to assign different rules to different channel? The method I used to solve the problem is creating same driver channel design in different voltage level. But when work with two or more voltage level, it is so difficult to edit a common mistake. Is there a better way to do this?
Exp.

There are 9 channels of Half-Bridge Driver. 3 channels are asign to drive 650V MOSFET, 3 channels are assign to drive 350V MOSFET, 3 channels are assign to drive 100V MOSFET. The VCCH
and GNDH are the high side driver power supply which are floating and almost the same voltage of the highest input voltage. The isolated power supply is up to 1000V, so the circuit can be used in 650V, 350V and 100V. Any way to assign different rules to different channels just in one channel design?
robertferanec , 04-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Hello @quakermaster, hmm I do not use channels. So, honestly, I do not really know. Maybe someone else knows or can help?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?