| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Multichannel design with a multipart component.

brs , 05-13-2020, 11:54 PM
Hello,

Is there any way to use multi part component in multichannel design? Please see the image below from Altium's reference. In channel 2 Altium places a new part as U4_2 but I want it U4_1B. Do you know how can I do that?

beamray , 05-14-2020, 01:59 AM
I do not know one. We usually use dual channel amp like bottle neck for multychannel. So all what is before it is in multychannel ( different schematic) and all what is after (different schematic) There will be sad schematic with only amp in it. but we do that. I have done 8 channel boards, so filters, ATTs and amps was for each channel (we called them Filt_W1....Filt_W8) and 4 channel of 2dual channel amps (AMP_A1...AMP_A4) and that again 8 channel for mixers and amps (Mixed_W1...Mixed_W8) and alld down to two channels of 4 channel ADCs (ADC_1, ADC_2).
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-17-2021, 01:42 AM
Hi You can play with designator format settings to get your desired format.Refer attached.
robertferanec , 11-20-2021, 01:39 AM
In channel 2 Altium places a new part as U4_2 but I want it U4_1B. Do you know how can I do that?
I do not use multichannel designs, but, I am not sure if what you are trying is possible. I would expect, that the components used would need to be exactly the same in every channel, however multipart components do not have to be the same, so I would not be surprised if that would be one of the reasons why it is not possible. Still if it is possible, please let me know.
PS: I would probably create a schematic which would include both parts and use this to create additional channels.
Lakshamana Balakrishnan , 11-20-2021, 03:24 AM
Hi @robertferanec ,
Please refer the attached picture by using that strings we can get the desired designator for every channel right?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?