| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Ad 20!

JohnsonMiller , 06-17-2020, 01:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I am trying to move from old AD to AD20, but I see some issue mostly software stability!
On Win7 and using AD17, software crash was quite rare, but even at such a case first there was a dialogue asking me to report the issue, then was a chance to save data before closing AD; but in new AD20 I see crash more frequently, and worse is that it does not let me save data before closing the software, the dialogue appear then OS kill the AD, no chance to save work! Wondering is there any software setting or configuration to save work before the crash?

Regards,
robertferanec , 06-18-2020, 07:31 AM
Hmm, AD20 was working ok on my Win7. But I have recently upgraded to Win10 ... still not bad, but I do see occasionally problems.

PS: If someone knows how to save Project before crashing, I am also interested. Sometimes happen my AD20 freezes and I just have to kill the software - no possibility to save my work.
chitransh92 , 06-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Hi,
There is a history folder that is created in every project which has a backup PCB files.

On the software crash point, It should not happen there are times when something is wrong with the files can cause the crash.
You should report this to Atlium.

Thank you.
JohnsonMiller , 06-26-2020, 05:50 AM
@chitransh92, the history folder does not help much in this case, since there is a time lag between the content of that folder and your ongoing design, you will lose some data!
Paul van Avesaath , 07-09-2020, 03:26 PM
you can change the time in between each backup and yes you will losse some but not luckily not all data.. i some projects i set it to like 5 minutes.. but you will have to deal with the backups in between when you are routing you sometiems get a hickup because of it.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?