| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Starved thermal on GND or on power in PCB 4_layers

safwen , 07-13-2020, 04:00 AM
these errors can make me a short circuit (between GND and Power ) in my PCB which consists of 4 layers ( top , power , gnd , bottom )
robertferanec , 07-15-2020, 02:06 AM
Please, could you attach screenshots from layers and Vias? Based on the list I am not sure what the problem is.
Comments:
safwen, 07-15-2020, 04:38 AM
i have already changed the publication, i added some screenshots from layers and vias !!
robertferanec , 07-17-2020, 04:52 AM
This should not make short circuit.

BTW: Why do you need thermal relief on VIAs? You may end up with ... hmm ... with the mess what you can see on your PCB. Problem is, if you have many VIAs in one place, some VIAs may get disconnected because of holes in the thermal relief.

Try to enable direct connection to see if you will keep getting errors / warnings.
robertferanec , 07-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Did it help?
safwen , 07-20-2020, 05:17 AM

I have the doubt that these two points are the cause of the short circuit !! what is your opinion?
robertferanec , 07-25-2020, 12:57 AM
There is no short circuit. This is a negative layer (everything with color is without copper). The problem what you may have with these GND Vias is that they may not have enough cooper (big part of the VIA is outside of the copper area) - maybe that is what Altium is trying to say?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?