| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Show Unconnected Nets (Rats Nets)

mstamler , 07-31-2020, 03:44 AM
I am using the design files for Lesson 1 of the Advanced PCB Layout. The default setting for showing unconnected nets is 'Hide All'. When I move any component I see the associated rats net connections associated with it which is great for placement. However, when I move one of the DDRs or the CPU (after I unlock them) the rats nets do not appear at all when I move it. I tried all kinds of configurations. Any ideas?

BR
mstamler , 07-31-2020, 03:46 AM
This also applies the board-to-board connectors
WhoKnewKnows , 07-31-2020, 07:44 AM
I Googled "Altium show connections" and the first item on the returned list of search results is an entry in the user manual for Altium 20.1 about a variety of ways connection lines appearance can be controlled.
mstamler , 08-01-2020, 11:45 AM
Yes, one can control the rats nest globally. What I am referring to is that when this is turned off and when a component is moved the rats nest connections appear during the move as a convenience. This is true for all the components in my design except for a few where it seems to be turned off.
WhoKnewKnows , 08-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Is that behavior not mentioned in the manual?
robertferanec , 08-03-2020, 08:22 AM
This will help you: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...nnection-lines
Basically, you need to increase Preferences" => "System" => "General" => Advanced => "PCB.ComponentDrag.ConnectionLimit
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?