| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

remove parameter pop-ups from schematic PDF

ak52 , 07-31-2020, 07:53 AM
Hello Everyone,
Could you please guide me on how to disable the parameter popups which keep occurring whenever i click on the particular component in a PDF document.
ak52 , 07-31-2020, 07:54 AM
PS: i created the PDF of the schematics via Output job file.(Not the smart PDF option)
WhoKnewKnows , 07-31-2020, 08:12 AM
Following, interested
qdrives , 07-31-2020, 09:50 AM
Did not expect this. I thought there would be an option to switch it off.
The only solution I could think of is to use a "PDF printer" and use that output. Will be more work manually.
WhoKnewKnows , 07-31-2020, 10:12 AM
Not sure, but I believe the same settings are burried in the outjob PDF process as are available from the last few pages of the smart pdf wizard dialog. Those are where the user selects how much design data is populated in the pop-ups.
qdrives , 07-31-2020, 10:22 AM
Well, smart PDF has more options.
But the good thing is that the smart PDF dialog allows you to save the settings to a job file!

ak52 , 07-31-2020, 11:43 AM
I found the solution to my problem.Don't use the "generate content" option in the job file.
In the Job file ,right click on the schematic ,go to Page Setup and print from there.
I don't know why ,but this works for me!
WhoKnewKnows , 07-31-2020, 11:52 AM
Right click on "schematic prints" and select configure takes you to a dialog that lets you uncheck parameter sets. This is the same as page setup>advanced (Altium 20.1.x)
qdrives , 07-31-2020, 11:57 AM
@WhoKnewKnows That was what I though too, but I unchecked it and it still generates the pop-up.
qdrives , 07-31-2020, 11:59 AM
@ak52 That does not allow the 'automatic' function of the job file.
ak52 , 07-31-2020, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by qdrives
@ak52 That does not allow the 'automatic' function of the job file.
I am not sure what you mean by "Automatic" function. You will have to point to the file location manually , if that is what you mean.

I am facing a similar issue with Assembly drawing PDF also, i have given the scaling as 1, but the PDF is generated in the wrong scale.
Solved it in a similar way, right click on the Assembly Drawing file,go to Page Setup and print from there.
qdrives , 07-31-2020, 12:51 PM
@ak52 No, with a job file you only once need to configure where to store the files. Then it is just a question on clicking generate to generate the documents.
The job files can be copied to other projects too.
You seem correct about the assembly drawing from the job file.

I have not seen videos that are extensive about production information. Would be nice to know what others do. Hopefully I can learn some more.
robertferanec , 08-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Only the way I found is do not use the Altium PDF e.g. add Microsoft Print to PDF and use that instead

Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?