| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Is this correct? Is it good?

M. Namvar , 10-04-2020, 11:00 PM
hi

Is this routing appropriate?
robertferanec , 10-05-2020, 12:33 PM
For power pins (including GND) I always try to have 1 through hole via per pin. Only if not possible (e.g. no space on bottom for components), only then I can connect more than 1 power pin to 1 via. So, personally, I would not route it that way.
Comments:
M. Namvar, 10-05-2020, 10:40 PM
thank youanother question: can I connect the power pins to a power plane with uVia? I mean why do you use through-hole via and go to the bottom layer?
qdrives , 10-05-2020, 12:49 PM
@robertferanec do you still have access to that simulation tool from Keysight?
What is the effect of multiple pads per single via (like this BGA and with multiple capacitors).
Or a structure like in the picture below...
robertferanec , 10-12-2020, 08:20 AM
What is the effect of multiple pads per single via (like this BGA and with multiple capacitors).
- it is a lot about inductance

I would recommend you to watch my Decoupling capacitor youtube video series to understand how important it is to keep connections of capacitors short:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uvkR_TjpnF1Z7f

Very simply to say, if you have a capacitor which is connected by a long track, it is not going to do good. Therefore you would like to have as short connections from pads to vias as possible.

I know this doesn't answer you question directly, but, there is no really reason to simulate it as I would not recommend to use it for the reasons above.
robertferanec , 10-12-2020, 08:26 AM
can I connect the power pins to a power plane with uVia?
- occasionally I do that (if there is no other way), but through hole via connection is better for powers.See my answer below ..

I mean why do you use through-hole via and go to the bottom layer?
- through hole via provides better connection (lower inductance, higher currents possible, ....) comparing to the uVIAs which I use.
Comments:
M. Namvar, 10-12-2020, 11:48 AM
thank you very much
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?