| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Scripting for Generating outputs in Altium

naveen159 , 10-30-2020, 04:27 AM
Hello all,

I am using Altium software to design my PCB layout. I need to generate a pick and place txt file in a custom format. So could you please give me some example pnp scripts file to learn and modify accordingly. Dear Robert, could you please make a youtube video of how to create and run own scripts and create own scripts in Altium, it would be much helpful.

Fig1 is the default format for Altium generated pick and place file, but I need to generate a format as shown in the fig2-needed format. So please provide me a proper guidance to generate a file according to my needs. Thanks in advance.
WhoKnewKnows , 10-30-2020, 08:09 PM
Have you tried using the pick and place export tool? Usually best to export a CSV file. It's a text file that separates each value with a comma. If you open the file with a spreadsheet application, it won't be pretty until you adjust the column widths.

It shouldn't need to look pretty, the reader of this file is typically a machine 😉
robertferanec , 11-06-2020, 02:03 AM
@naveen159 this may help (we have discussed this topic in some posts): https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...-p-file-format

PS: I agree with @WhoKnewKnows ... maybe everything what you need to do is open the text file in microsoft excel.
qdrives , 11-12-2020, 12:44 PM
Here is a script example, although not for pick and place. There are many example scripts. And you have to be creative too to get the script you want.
There is some Dutch language in the output as it was used for production data here.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?