| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About printing of all schematics within of a project

mulfycrowh , 11-26-2020, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Would it be possible to print all the schematics of a project in the order they are listed on the projects tab?
WhoKnewKnows , 11-26-2020, 04:02 PM
Yes, it would be possible if you're using a recent version of Altium, there's a feature called smart pdf. It's a wizard dialog that steps you through printing the PCB, and or the schematics, and or the BOM. Lots of options. It creates a single PDF document of all the schematics you select, then you can physically print the PDF if you desire.
robertferanec , 11-30-2020, 04:12 AM
@WhoKnewKnows but is it going to print it in the order? I did try that, it looks like the pages are ordered based on Page Number even when I moved them in the Source Documents tree.

Example:
WhoKnewKnows , 11-30-2020, 05:36 AM
I imagine Smart PDF wizard orders pages according to how documents appear in the list of documents in the Wizard. 🤷 I've never had an issue with the order that the schematics appear in the PDF, so I've never tried to change the order.

Now I'm curious to find out
goncaloc , 11-30-2020, 10:48 AM
If you don't use the "use Physical structure" settings on the smart PDF it will print schematics as they are listed on the document tree, other wise it will use the Sheet Number

robertferanec , 12-02-2020, 02:30 AM
Thank you @goncaloc I didn't know that!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?