| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Project Tree in altium

BaselImad , 12-06-2020, 12:41 AM
Hi

I am designing with altium18.2, and have a silly problem with importing Gerber files and other manufacturing files.
the thing is I want to separate these files from the schematics files.

Photo 1 is a screenshot from Robert Youtube Channel:
and Photo 2 is a screenshot from my Project:

So how could I arrange my files better?
"Sorry for my bad English"

Thanks
Basel
WhoKnewKnows , 12-06-2020, 03:57 AM
I think the manufacturing files in Robert's example were optionally added to the project by Altium when they were generated from the project files.

Meanwhile, when you import data into a file in your Altium project, I don't think it's necessary to add the source files of the import to the Altium project.
BaselImad , 12-06-2020, 04:52 AM
So you are saying that there is no way to organize Design fabrication Output in files?
WhoKnewKnows , 12-06-2020, 08:55 AM
Nope I didn't write that.
robertferanec , 12-08-2020, 02:31 AM
@WhoKnewKnows is right, all the files in my project were created by Altium. I did not import them. PS: I am not sure if you can create the subfolders/subdirectories and sort the files by yourself, but the documents should be sorted when you use "Add existing into project ..." or at least I would expect that.

From Altium website ( https://www.altium.com/documentation...ctsprojects-ad ):
"Documents in the Projects panel are automatically arranged in logical groups or 'folders', such as Source Documents (Schematic, PCB, etc.,), Settings documents (Harness, Outjob, etc.,)"
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?