| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Issue with Altium 19

rajat_jain_785 , 12-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Hello,

Please refer to the snapshot attached.

The window panes 'Projects' and 'PCB Rules and Violations' always are aligned below each other.
Even though I correct it somehow On being opened again, the windows again get aligned one below the other.

I would like Projects window and 'PCB Rules and Violations' window to be in separate tabs.

Is there any way of fixing it permanently ?

Have anyone faced similar issue ?
I had faced similar issue in AD 17 long back but it disappeared on its own somehow.

Thank you
Rajat Jain
WhoKnewKnows , 12-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Yes, it's annoying when this happens. I don't know what causes it.

Typically, I reduce the size of the Altium window to leave about 1/3 of the screen space to one side of the Altium window or the other. You don't have to do this if you have a second monitor. You just need an empty space away from the Altium window. Next, click and hold on the title bar of the lower of the two stacked panels and drag away from the Altium window. This almost always causes all of the stacked panels to get detached from Altium and follow the cursor away from the Altium window. Sometimes it only detaches the panel you have clicked and dragged, but its rare. Release the mouse button once the dragged object is clear of the Altium window. If the panels remained stacked, click and drag the title bar of the lower panel to see if you can separate it from the other panel. Usually at this point, I can drag each panel into position one at a time and they will go back to being presented individually instead of stacked.

Does anyone know a shortcut to make these panels revert from stacked back to normal?

I've been over this with Altium tech support and they haven't offered anything particularly useful other than experimenting with dragging them around and rearranging until the desired behavior returns.
robertferanec , 12-14-2020, 03:58 AM
This is supper annoying. I have not been able to find out how to work with workspace properly - especially when I move PCB or schematic into second monitor everything will get messed up.

PS: When this happen to me, I just move it up ( hold it at "PCB rules and Violations" name and drop it to "Projects" name - that will open it as a tab) and then it usually correct itself (not always).
rajat_jain_785 , 12-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Thank you all for your perspective.

Regards
RAJAT
qdrives , 12-14-2020, 04:12 PM
Do note that it matters if "grab" the panel on the name or the blank space next to it!
WhoKnewKnows , 12-14-2020, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by robertferanec
This is supper annoying. I have not been able to find out how to work with workspace properly - especially when I move PCB or schematic into second monitor everything will get messed up.

PS: When this happen to me, I just move it up ( hold it at "PCB rules and Violations" name and drop it to "Projects" name - that will open it as a tab) and then it usually correct itself (not always).
That's easier than my drag away drag back method. Thanks.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?