| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Board Cutout Not seen in Gerber

Abdullah , 01-11-2021, 02:53 AM
Hi,

How to generate Gerber files with board cutout in Altium ? Even after assigning one layer as route tool path and placing line with 10 mil width for getting cutout ,even this info will not appear in the gerber as will as in NC drill Data.

I can see the cutouts in Altium3d, but it is not showed up in the Gerber files. Is there any special procedure to include cutout information in the Gerber ?

I have attached 3 screenshots here, one is board file, one is Altium generated 3d and other is Gerber.

Thanks in Advance.
ilaiya , 01-11-2021, 03:02 AM
Hi Abdullah,

please assign any mechanical layer in the board cutout.

after creating GERBER, add this mechanical layer.
ilaiya , 01-11-2021, 03:04 AM
when you create GERBER, please add a mechanical layer (what you apply in that cutout)
Comments:
Abdullah, 01-11-2021, 03:33 AM
i added that route toll path layer in all layer but cant see board cutout region in the gerber as well as NC drill file
Abdullah , 01-11-2021, 03:05 AM
as per my view cut out has to apper in the NC Drill as well Drill guide and Drill drawing layer but it doent, I have asssigned one layer for that too
ilaiya , 01-11-2021, 04:24 AM
you just apply one mechanical layer as a cutout region.
then create GERBER with mechanical layer include.
solved..
Abdullah , 01-11-2021, 04:30 AM
Hi ,
I got the response from Altium online chat
we have to define board shape with following steps below then we can see the Board cut region in the gerber .
1) Board shape---Define Board Shape from selected primitives---select route tool path layer---include cutouts
robertferanec , 01-14-2021, 06:21 AM
Interesting discussion. Normally I just include information about cutout in assembly drawing. But it is interesting to know, that there is an option to actually generate the path for the tool.
WhoKnewKnows , 01-14-2021, 06:56 PM
I don't know about gerbers, but IIRC, when I generate the NC drill files, there's an option to also generate router path and include cut outs in the router path file(s).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?