| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Let's have some requests from Altium Engineers!

JohnsonMiller , 02-19-2021, 02:44 AM
Hi guys,
We all see some issues in the AD and may have a suggestion to fix them, some probably very easy for Altium engineers to add or update.
Hopefully, there are looking at forums like this! let's keep our fingers crossed.

1) Using Reports -> Port Cross Reference -> Add to project; it adds the reference address to ports (and in recent version to off-page connectors as well) but only to open documents, if a page is not open, no reference will be added to it! In my opinion, this does not make sense, it should add reference to all pages of the design, either open or not.

2) When I set a design variant as "Set as current", it should stay current all the time, even after reloading the design. It looks when we open and reloads the design, the variant selection goes back to default, for BOM or fabrication data generation cause problem as we think the variant is set to desired one, while it is not! and we have to check it each time loading design, again does not make sense.

What do you say?
WhoKnewKnows , 02-19-2021, 11:29 AM
Altium already has a forum to report bugs and suggest enhancements. I think it's on bugcrunch
WhoKnewKnows , 02-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Totally agree with your sentiments on selecting which variant is active. The selected variant should remain active until another is selected
robertferanec , 02-22-2021, 02:02 AM
1) I think, this should work on all pages (if they are closed, altium will open them)
JohnsonMiller , 02-25-2021, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by robertferanec
1) I think, this should work on all pages (if they are closed, altium will open them)
No, it is not. I have tested with AD21, it adds a link to only open pages of the project, nothing happens to those are closed!
robertferanec , 02-27-2021, 01:02 AM
No, it is not. I have tested with AD21, it adds a link to only open pages of the project, nothing happens to those are closed!
It may be something in your settings. I just tested it in my project and it worked. Maybe try delete all first and then place them again?
JohnsonMiller , 03-08-2021, 06:55 AM
@robertferanec , than you! it is gone in the new release, I did a test with AD21, it is fixed!
JohnsonMiller , 03-27-2021, 07:53 AM
Back to this topic!
In AD21, when you select a trace as the property of that trace a delay value is visible, please check the attached screenshot. I am wondering can we change it to trace impedance (or add it)? If not, shall we ask Altium's engineers to add Z0 along with the delay property of a trace?
robertferanec , 03-29-2021, 04:24 AM
I have not seen impedance in properties.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?