| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

About un-routed net constraint

mulfycrowh , 02-20-2021, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone!

I have an IC. Pin 7 is tied to 3V3.
After running Rule Design Check, I get the following error:

Un-Routed Net Constraint: Net 3V3 Between Pad U13-7(18.55mm,31.35mm) on Bottom Layer [Unplated] And Track (18.28mm,34.8mm)(18.55mm,34.53mm) on Bottom Layer

As you can see on the attached screenshot, pad and track are connected and have same net name 3V3.

Any idea?

Thank you.

WhoKnewKnows , 02-20-2021, 07:40 PM
It's annoying, but usually when this happens, it's because the track going onto the pad is just short of the center of the pad. Extend the track to the center, or beyond, and that error should go away.
WhoKnewKnows , 02-20-2021, 07:43 PM
I have also seen a similar problem where Altium thinks a pad is not connected to a net when it's in the middle of a polygon pour. I have to draw a track through the polygon pour to the pad, overlapping it at least to the center, or beyond, then the error goes away
mulfycrowh , 02-21-2021, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately, the track goes to the center of the pad.

WhoKnewKnows , 02-21-2021, 07:25 AM
What about this pad?
WhoKnewKnows , 02-21-2021, 07:40 AM
For the other error involving pin 7 on u13, can you share a screenshot that shows both sides of the error indicator?

Also, sometimes when the user manipulates the connection to correct the problem, Altium doesn't always automatically make the error indicator vanish, and the user must clear the drc error markers and run the drc again.

Also, keep in mind, those unrouted net markers aren't limited to indicating for a single layer. EG The indicator on that large rectangular pad appears at first to extend to that vertical trace that it's already connected to, but instead may be referring to something on another layer in the same approximate XY area.
mulfycrowh , 02-21-2021, 11:08 AM
I found the issue.
On the opposite side of the IC, there is the pin 14 that also needs 3V3 power supply.
This pin was not supplied because of a via located in the 9-12V region and not in the 3V3 region.
So AD was unable to make the right connection.

The true issue is that AD gave the wrong error location.

Now my project has 0 design rule check error!
Tarasjonoo , 02-23-2021, 05:56 AM
I have also seen a similar problem where Altium thinks a pad is not connected to a net when it's in the middle of a polygon pour at a fishing store in Abu Dhabi. I have to draw a track through the polygon pour to the pad, overlapping it at least to the center, or beyond, then the error goes away
halabana , 02-23-2021, 06:11 PM
you can try uncheck "Check for incomplete connections"
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?