| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium PCB parameters configurations

Med1990 , 03-30-2021, 05:37 AM
Hello Robert,

I starting your advanced pcb layout training , but when I arrived to place components, i noticed that there is some parameters in the design rules should be configured to do a right placement like clearance and so ON, but you didn't explain that how to chose these parameters. if you can help me about how to do all parameters please share with me. you can see the screenshot attached the components looks like not placed good.

best regards
robertferanec , 03-31-2021, 05:44 AM
I would recommend you to try to identify what rule exactly is causing this problem. Go to Panels (bottom right corner) -> PCB Rules and Violations. That will exactly tell you what rule is failing and what value you will need to adjust.

The new altium added some new rules, maybe it is one of them? It may not be the placement clearance.
Med1990 , 04-01-2021, 10:38 AM
Hello, why altium care about clearance between TOP and Bottom sides ??, it ask to edit clearance between the BGA on the top and capacitors on the bottom side
robertferanec , 04-02-2021, 07:10 AM
I can't see the whole error, but it is saying some distance is 0.075 and the smallest allowed is 0.1. Try to see the whole message - it may be something with the vertical/horizontal error (one of them may need to be set to 0 ?)? Or maybe stackup is not setup correctly - so the components on the top are very close to the components on the bottom? Or something like that?
WhoKnewKnows , 04-02-2021, 07:29 PM
BTW, this is a component clearance constraint, not an electrical clearance constraint. Component clearance is handled differently depending on whether the 3D model exist and other types of things.
Med1990 , 04-20-2021, 08:10 AM
@ @robertferanec, Can i have the libraries if the project, I need to try some things by myself, could you give me libraries of the components ?
qdrives , 04-21-2021, 08:55 AM
I once had a problem on a PCB where a component had a clearance issue with a test pad (also a component). The SOT23 transistor was on the bottom electrically, but on to logically.
I checked the footprint in the library (was correct) and updated the pcb from the library. Now the component was on the top. Flipped it to the bottom and the problem was solved.

As already mentioned: check the 3D model, especially of the BGA, that it is on the correct side of the board (and not in it).
robertferanec , 04-23-2021, 04:30 AM
Can i have the libraries if the project, I need to try some things by myself, could you give me libraries of the components ?
@Med1990 you can generate the libraries from project: https://youtu.be/zhuHE9b4C_8
Med1990 , 04-23-2021, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by robertferanec

@Med1990 you can generate the libraries from project: https://youtu.be/zhuHE9b4C_8
thank you !
Med1990 , 04-27-2021, 06:18 PM
hello, please how to make the other componenets hide when i want to highlight a pin or net
Med1990 , 04-28-2021, 05:46 PM
I mean i want to hide for example processor pins as you did when you did the fanout
qdrives , 04-29-2021, 10:00 AM
If you ctrl-click a pin/net it will dim the other nets/pin. I do not know if that is what you wanted?
Med1990 , 04-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Hello Robert, Can i use a vias in pad of decoupling capacitors and resistors ?
robertferanec , 05-03-2021, 02:09 AM
Can i use a vias in pad of decoupling capacitors and resistors ?
I have never used that, but from talking to different people it should not be a problem.

PS: Please the best is to open new topics for new questions, so people reading the forum do not get confused.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?